MD BrewDog Bars, David McDowall will become MD of Draft House, taking over reins from founder Charlie McVeigh.
- All 213 of Draft House staff will join BrewDog
- BrewDog is planning to invest in the current Draft House sites and may look to expand on them in future. The beer selection will be different from BrewDog bars, but with the same focus on independent craft beer from around the world.
- The Draft House teams will also be invited to contribute to the development and brew days for a series of beers brewed at BrewDog’s HQ in Aberdeenshire, with the resulting beers launching across all Draft House sites.
- Draft House launched its first site in 2009 on Northcote Road in Battersea. Since then, it has opened a further 12 bars in the capital including Camden, Paddington, Tower Bridge and Old Street.
- In 2016 it opened a bar in Milton Keynes, its first outside of London.
Charlie McVeigh, Draft House founder:
“Nine years have passed since the first Draft House launched, and it has been a truly remarkable journey of discovery. We’ve built an awesome business, and more importantly, a team right at the heart of the UK’s beer revolution. I am immensely proud of what we’ve achieved together and delighted to hand the business over to BrewDog for its next stage of growth. Draft House couldn’t be in better hands.”